American Flag made with Christmas Lights
This one is fun! You can build an American flag using some wood and M5 LED Christmas lights.
Here's what you need:
1. 2x4's - enough of them to create a frame the size of the flag you want to build
2. 1x4's or 1x6's depending on how big your flag is, to add decking to your frame.
Here's what you do:
1. Decide on how big of a flag you want to build. Cut your 2x4's into a square that matches your desired size. Screw them together. NOTE: A typical flag is a 2/3 ratio, meaning that the short side is 2/3 the length of the long side.
2. Take your 1x4 (or 1x6') boards and lay them across your 2x4 frame. Basically, you are adding decking to your frame. Screw these down to the frame.
3. Draw your stars and stripes and paint them on the wood deck you have built. This makes the frame look nice in the day light.
4. Add the lights! String the lights over your decking using hot glue or wire staples to attach to the decking. Keep in mind, you can string up to 42 sets of 70 count lights end to end, so if you plan it well, you will end up with one long continuous strand of lights.
5. Plug it in and enjoy!